Stop being gross, you guys.
|We are practically twins. Also, our drinks.|
|I photobomb... LIKE A BOSS|
Anyway, today is my mommy's birthday. And I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you for always having my back...
- When I was falling apart because some jerk in school was mean to me.
- Every time I come up with some off the wall adventure, including but not limited to:
- Hang gliding
- Completing an Olympic distance triathlon even though I had no idea how to swim
- Doing numerous Polar Bear Plunges
- Cage diving with great white shark
- Rock Climbing
- And so the story goes....
- When I wanted to go to Tijuana by myself and everyone was all "NO WAY!"
- For encouraging me to be loud, to be silly, to be me no matter what.
- For holding me when my world fell apart and telling me that not only would I be ok, but I would come through the other side better than ever. (You were right, by the way!!!).
- For giving me and my girls her bed and sleeping in a fluffy chair when we had nowhere else to go.
- For ALWAYS encouraging me to do whatever would make me happy, without judgement and with nothing but love and more love and the occasional high five.
If it wasn't for my mom, I would never be this awesome. I LOVE YOU!!!!
So, with that being said, I want to personally apologize for dinner tonight. I know that you technically said that I had "BETTER NOT tell them it's my birthday because" you were "not here to be embarrassed." And also, you may have mentioned that "if they approached you with that stupid birthday saddle" that you would "absolutely not get on and leave immediately and also scold the waiter for picking on someone old enough to be his mom."
I know your mouth said all this. Yes. It said it numerous times, in fact. However, your eyes said something else. Your eyes (behind the utter anger and embarrassment) said "Yes, Valerie. Tell them it's my birthday. I want to ride the birthday saddle."
|So not enthused.|
|Or is she??|
|You're welcome, Mommy!|
And now you all know EXACTLY where I get my awesomeness from!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!